These hand-painted signs were created for Renaissance and are pretty simple to do yourself with only a few materials.
- wood, cut to size
- black wood stain (optional)
- print-outs of lettering or design
- white chalk
- acrylic paint
Here's what I did:
- Since the wood pieces I used were from different sources and had slightly different colorings, I used a black wood stain to make all the pieces unified.
- I printed out the lettering to transfer to the wood by covering the back of the paper with white chalk. Then, I traced the paper printout letters with a ballpoint pen, pressing hard. This left a light chalk outline to help make the painting faster and easier.
- After the design was transferred, it was just a matter of painting all the letters in. I used a couple sizes of brushes and watered down my acrylic paint a tiny bit to help it flow better.
I love how these came out and would definitely recommend trying a similar project out yourself.